Tuesday 10 January 2012

Holidays nearly over..

Over the weekend I visited my sister who lives at Franklin on the other side of Canberra.  I was treated to a yummy coffee made froth made with her Aldi frother, it is fantastic.  I bought one for my house along with the espresso machine that uses pods of coffee.  Mum and I have been testing it out and it is delicious coffee.



While I was over at Kailene's I finished one block of my Truly Scruptious stitchery.  I am excited to be working on this quilt as it has been a work in progress for a number of years.
Yesterday was going to be a struggle it was Deb dress buying day.  Candice looked through the yellow pages and found some stores and off we went.  We were headed to Fyshwick.  On the way to the shop we wanted we passed Enchant Bridal shop and thought why not so we pulled in.
The lady was so nice when we asked be Deb dresses.  She showed us a few and the nose turned up!  She mentioned that all styles could be made in white so that impresses Miss 16.  Louisa showed us one design she had which was in many colours.  She gave us a yellow dress and asked that we try it on.  So we did.
Candice loved it which was good and it was only $350.   A bit more than what I was allowing but all good. 
It fitted perfectly and then off to DFO for some shoes.  Again the first shop we went in the first pair we tried on were the ones she got.  A silver sandal type shoe with a small heel.  We took the shoes back to the shop, got measured up, paid a deposit and now have to wait for 6-8 weeks until they ring to let me know it is ready.
Here is a picture of the yellow one.
The tie around the next falls down the back in to clasps and knots.  There is also a shawl type wrap that comes with the dress.  That would be a nice scarf for me!!!

No stitching done but I have begun another net scarf, this time in yellow...

Off to the movies with Talia and Bridie we are going to see Happy Feet 2 in 3D. 

Until next time.. happy stitching.

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty gown! Seems like you are having a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me... Take care... Simone