Friday 4 January 2013

Shoe bags complete

Tick this Off - Great Start to the Year

 What is the date?   Only January 4th and I am happy.

Stitch-a-Long

January's task for Chookyblue's Stitch-a-Long was a Shoe Bag designed by Anni Downs found in her book "Some Kind of Wonderful".

I found these shoe bags easy to make and they will be extremely useful.  

When I packed for my month with mum I brought along my SKOW book and fabric with the plan to make the shoe bags.  
At the time I didn't know that I was going to join the stitch-a-long!  Fate I would think.


I used mum's sewing machine to sew the bags together.  She has a Pfaff Creative Vision and I loved using it. I am hoping to have a go at some machine embroidery on it before I go home.


Birthday Love Stash 

 












I will be keeping one of these bags for me and I am going to put one in my Birthday Love Stash.

Yay big tick off for

  • Birthday Love Stash
  • OPAM
  • Stitch-a-Long

Now to get ready for Friday Night with Friends. Looking forward to sewing with some of you tonight.

6 comments:

  1. 2 great bags well done.......welcome to the SAL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shoe bags look amazing Simone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Simone! Loving how motivated we all are at the start of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You're off to a great start with those pretty shoe bags :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done Simone,i love these.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you are blitzing the linkings this early in Jan :) I am so going to enjoy watching the stitch-along, the little projects Chooky has chosen are so fun! You can't fight Fate, and who would want to :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me... Take care... Simone