Monday 26 June 2017

Quilt top finished

It began with a long weekend of activity.
I had my friend come and stay, she travelled from Swan Hill to see us girls.
After a haircut and takeaway breakfast we opened up the jelly rolls and started up the sewing machines.

My jelly roll was Sunday Supper. I purchased it from my local quilt shop-Nellies Country Flair.

The pattern I chose was a tutorial by Missouri Quilt Co called Crossing Paths. It is quite similar to that of a scrappy trip but I liked the idea of the dark being in all blocks.






This past weekend I went to the class at the shop - it is one of two great groups I go with. It's funny but this group has teachers and the other group nurses! All wonderful ladies.
I finished sewing the rows, adding the two borders and now it is ready to be sandwiched. My goal is to get this ready for the Forbes Country Show. Haven't entered many items but will have a few for this year.

Hope you all had a great weekend as well.

Simone x
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. The quilt will be a wonderful addition to the "show".
    Fingers crossed for perhaps a medal or ribbon... xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic.....best of luck I am sure you will blow them away ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful Quilt to enter in your show...
    Sew nice to have lovely ladies to sit and create with.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me... Take care... Simone