Saturday 9 July 2011

Holidays....

It is school holidays here and this week I had some special visitors all the way from Canberra.  My mum and dad.  They came to take Miss 16 over to Orange to go to the movies.  They all saw Cars 2 and loved it.

I wanted to finish off a quilt that I bought a while ago and was designed by a great lady!  Anyway it was for my Miss 9 for her Confirmation present.  I am aware that this is not the norm but it is in my house. 
 So all I had to do was sew the last two rows to the other 3.
Cut the pink dot for the first border.
Cut the green for the final border and then sew it all together.
Well here it is all done.  Need some work on quilt photography!

 



I worked all of last week in the office.  I am taking a couple of days off at the start of the next week as we are expecting family.  The girls cousins are coming with their parents.

This afternoon while the girls were refamiliarising themselves with their bedrooms I got a phone call from Kylie from My Addiction to Quilting who talked me through the next part of my iPad bag.  Here I have made put together the tab and have quilted it. 


It needs to be cut down to size which is my next job.

I am now eagerly awaiting the next posting of instructions so that I can finish the bag. 

Friday I took Miss 16 over to a nearby town for the weekend.

This morning I drove 2 hours to collect Miss 12 (soon to be 13) and Miss 9.  They were holidaying with their father. 

On the way it was raining and lucky for me I was able to capture a rainbow from my front window using my phone.. I have blue tooth so all calls are taken handsfree, just took the photos.  (this is for all of you who read and where a blue uniform!)  Photos were better in real life, sorry!



1 comment:

  1. Came back for a look at the pictures of the quilt. It looks great. I think the all over quilting will do it justice. Who is going to quilt it for you>

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me... Take care... Simone