Wednesday 2 January 2013

Shoe bags

I am loving my thread catcher and pin cushion Christine gave me for Christmas. It sits so good on the arm of the chair at mum's. 


Today I began making shoe bags from Anni Downs book Some Kind of Wonderful (SKOW).  



One appliqué piece is complete, with the other nearly done.
 I am loving the variegated coloring.

The fabric  I have chosen was bought at Nellies Patchwork shop in Forbes. It is the same fabric I used in December so I know the shoe bags will look awesome!  

Click here to see what I made back in December.

I gave one of these shoe bags away at Christmas.  
I am intending on keeping one of the new bags for me and putting one in my Birthday Stash box.


My plan for tomorrow is to:
  • cut out the fabric for each bag;
  • needle turn applique the shoe pieces to the front of each bag;
  • machine sew the bags together; and
  • thread through the ribbon for the drawstring.
Hmmmmmm maybe this is way too much for one day but will see how I go.







8 comments:

  1. Go for it Simone! i'm sure you will be able to get it all done... i love the fabrics of the thread catcher, i have some like it but can't bring myself to cut into it, silly me! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to see you have started your shoe bag.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the variegated thread too...it looks fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are great idea to make 2 of everything and put it away in your birthday stash box - you're one smart cookie! Think I'll have to follow your lead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice Simone,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You never know Simone. You might just manage to get it all done. I'm off fabric shopping this morning for birthday fat quarters. I'm sure I'll find other things too!

    ReplyDelete

  7. Gorgeous presents from Christine. Love the oomph the variegated thread gives :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tend not to write a ton of responses, however I looked at a great deal of remarks here
    "Shoe bags". I actually do have a few questions for you if you
    tend not to mind. Is it simply me or does it look as if like a few of the comments
    appear like they are written by brain dead people?
    :-P And, if you are writing at additional online social sites, I'd like to keep up with anything fresh you have to post. Could you post a list of the complete urls of all your public sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?
    my web site :: Tights

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me... Take care... Simone