Friday 3 June 2011

Getting blocks ready for stitching.....

For the past 3 days I have been at home working on my last assignment, WIP number one from Wednesday's post.  I am so close to finishing it and I am excited.  I got a parcel today in the mail which held my previous assignment, I didn't want to open the envelope but I should not have worried, the result was more than I had expected.

In the evening I have been spending some time stitching.  I am needing more blocks to work on.  So, last night I sat down to trace some applique pieces for my Secret Garden quilt.  The fabric range I am using is Butterfly fling, it is bright, bold and beautiful. The pattern was given to me from a student I taught back in 2005.


I could not find my new tracing pencils I attempted to use a pigma pen.  After I traced 4 oak leaves I went to cut them out and could not find my scissors.  I gave up! Putting these blocks together was not going to happen.  I folded up the fabric and bagged it up.

I started searching for more fabric for my friendship challenge. I found scissors and my tracing pens during the search but I did not get out my fabric or pattern again.

Tonights task will be to trace the designs so I can get some more blocks ready for needle turn applique.

I also thought I would post a new picture of Miss 8. Her scooter accident was 5 days ago and her face is healing up nicely. 


It is cooling down now so I had best go and shut the blinds and turn on the heater. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting me... Take care... Simone